Student Art Contest
This year Silko Honda wanted to organize an event that would bring our community together as well as showcase our youth’s talent. The “EARTH DREAMS” Student Art Contest is open to all students from Elementary through College. Each work of art entered into the competition will be judged online by their peers and general public via our Facebook and Pinterest Page from April 5th -19th.
All artists who submit their work will receive special recognition at The EARTH DREAMS Student Art Exhibit on April 22nd.
2013 EARTH DREAMS Student Art Contest
- Submissions are now being accepted for the 2013 EARTH DREAMS Student Art Contest. The deadline for all artwork is April 1, 2013 by the end of the school day at the students’ school. Late entries will be accepted at Silko Honda through April 5th by 3:00 PM.
- Entries will be picked up by a Silko Honda representative on April 2nd-3rd.
- All artwork must have a signed “Student Release Form” securely attached.
- Online voting will take place on Silko Honda’s Facebook and Pinterest Pages on April 5th-19th. Voting is open to the general public.
All art entries must meet the following criteria:
- Entries should represent the theme “Earth Dreams” (Earth Day, sustainability, going green, nature, etc.)
- Maximum of 16″ x 20″
- Be original in concept, design and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws.
- Work entered must be in the original medium (Not a scanned reproduction of a painting or drawing).
HOW TO VOTE
- Online voting will take place on Silko Honda’s Facebook and Pinterest on April 5th-19th.
- Voting is open to the general public.
2013 EARTH DREAMS Student Art Exhibit
All entries received will be on display in our Silko Honda showroom – 1580 New State Hwy, Raynham on Monday, April 22nd from 12 pm – 7 pm. Guests are invited and encouraged to come down and view all of the submissions received.
Finalists will be determined by the number of online votes received from April 5th-19th. These entries will then be judged by guests during the exhibit on April 22nd anytime from 12 pm – 6:30 pm.
Once all the votes are in, at 7pm we will announce the winners in each of the 4 age categories (Elementary School, Middle School, High School, and College).
Each student submitting artwork will receive a Certificate of Appreciation.
- 1st Place in the Elementary Competition – Artwork will be on display at the Children’s Museum of Easton and a Gift Card (to be announced)
- 1st Place in the Middle School Competition – Gift Card (to be announced)
- 1st Place in the High School Competition – Gift Card (to be announced)
- 1st Place in the College Competition – Gift Card (to be announced)
Important Rules & Guidelines