2016 Honda Civic Performance Features
The Civic is consistently known for its reliability in performance and this year’s model is no different. Now in its tenth generation, the Civic now offers a new turbocharged engine that maximizes its performance power. Read on to learn more about the capabilities of this car and see why we think the 2016 Honda Civic’s stellar performance specs make it the best option for Plymouth and Raynham drivers.
There are three combinations of engine power that are available on the 2016 model. You can choose between two engine and transmission options so you can get just the right amount of power and control that you need:
- 2.0L 4-cylinder: This engine option is standard on the LX and EX trims. It generates up to 158 hp and 138 lb.-ft. of torque. You can choose a six-speed manual transmission on the LX that will get you up to 40 mpg/highway and 27 mpg/city*. With an automatic CVT transmission, you’ll see up to 41 mpg/highway and 31 mpg/city*.
- 1.5L Turbocharged 4-cylinder: Available on the EX-T, EX-L, and Touring trims, this new turbocharged option will give you the next level of engine power. Only the automatic CVT transmission is available in conjunction with this option, and you’ll receive up to 42 mpg/highway and 31 city/mpg*. This engine can generate up to 174 hp and 162 lb.-ft. of torque. The edge is noticeable, and the fuel economy on a turbocharged engine is an excellent advantage.
Other Performance Features
In addition to its other great performance features, improvements have been made to other aspects of the Honda Civic to give you the smoothest ride possible. Both the power steering and rear suspension have been revamped for better handling:
- Agile Handling Assist: This feature makes turning corners or speeding up on a slippery surface more manageable and controlled by applying braking or acceleration according to what is needed to maximize stability. This safety feature gives you added confidence when rounding a sharp corner on city streets and adverse weather conditions.
- Hill Start Assist: You won’t experience trouble stopping or accelerating on an incline at a red light thanks to this feature that makes sure that the vehicle is in forward motion and prevents rollback.
- Performance Monitoring: Features like Lane Assist, Forward Collision Warning, and VSA Electronic Stability Control ensure that you’re safe and take advantage of newer and better brakes to aid in optimal steering and braking in times when you need it most.
Test Drive the 2016 Honda Civic Performance Specs Near Raynham and Plymouth
To schedule a test drive, give us a call at 508-880-5500. Stop by Silko Honda at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA, where we’re happy to share the 2016 Honda Civic performance specs with out Raynham and Plymouth customers. When you get behind the wheel of the new Civic, we think you’ll understand why it’s a consistently award-winning sedan.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.