The 2015 Honda Civic Coupe vs. the 2015 Kia Forte Koup
The 2015 Kia Forte Koup is a fine car, but if you are in the market for a compact sedan why wouldn’t you go with the always-reliable, ever-popular Civic? The 2015 Honda Civic Coupe is the most versatile and stylish build of this model we have ever seen, and it has already proven popular with drivers and critics alike. Discover how the Forte Koup and Civic Coupe stack up against each other side by side below!
Before even taking a look at the features included in each model of the Civic Coupe and Forte Koup, drivers will notice that Honda’s 2-door car is slightly less expensive:
Base Models: Civic Coupe LX vs. Forte Koup EX
- 2015 Honda Civic Coupe LX – $18,290*
- 2015 Kia Forte Koup EX – $18,590
Upgrades: Civic Coupe EX vs. Forte Koup SX
- 2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX – $20,390*
- 2015 Kia Forte Koup SX – $20,590
It’s also worth noting that the Civic Coupe offers two additional trim levels—the EX-L and EX-L w/Navigation—providing more choices than the Kia Forte Koup.
If you are looking to save on gas, avoid constant fill-ups, and do your part to promote a sustainable future, the Civic delivers.
- Civic – The Civic has fuel economy ratings as high as 30 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway (LX CVT model).**
- Forte – The Forte reaches just 25 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway with its 2.0L engine, and 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway with the 1.6L engine option.
Trims and Features
If you want to drive in comfort and convenience, you will find yourself far better equipped in the 2015 Honda Civic Coupe.
- Civic LX vs Forte EX – The baseline trim of the Civic comes with surprisingly luxurious features like an air-filtering air conditioner, a customizable LCD screen, and Pandora compatibility. Plus, if you want features like a rearview camera, floor mats, and a built-in theft-deterrent system, they come standard on the Civic LX—with the Forte they are either unavailable or cost extra.
- Civic EX vs Forte SX – The next-highest Civic trim offers a premium stereo, push button start, and lane watch safety features. Since this is the highest available trim level of the Forte, it does include some nice features, but it hardly feels like a top-of the-line vehicle. The Civic offers features like automatic climate control and a stereo anti-theft system that are either optional or unavailable on the Forte.
- Civic EX-L – The Civic is available in a third trim that brings upscale features and options to the compact sedan class. It comes with a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather-trimmed seats, heated front seats, and an available satellite-linked navigation system with voice activated controls.
While the 2015 Kia Forte Koup has slightly more interior volume than the 2015 Honda Civic Coupe, the differences are so small that they don’t meaningfully affect the way the driver and passengers use the car.
- Civic – 83.2 cu-ft of passenger space and 11.7 cu-ft of cargo space.
- Forte – 91.1 cu-ft of passenger space and 13.3 cu-ft of cargo space.
According to independent crash tests, the 2015 Honda Civic Coupe exceeds the level of protection offered by the Forte Koup:
- The Civic received perfect scores in every IIHS crash test. The Forte only received a score of marginal in the small overlap front test.
- The Civic received a four out of five-star rating from the NHTSA, including a perfect score in the side crash test. The Forte, unfortunately, has not been put to the test by the NHTSA, so drivers have no way of knowing just how safe the vehicle really is.
Have a Blast Test Driving the 2015 Honda Civic Coupe
The Forte has a negligible edge as far as room, but in every other category – price, features, safety, mpg – the Civic proves to be the outstanding vehicle. Why pay more to get less by going with the Forte? Make your way to Silko Honda at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham to take the latest Civic Coupe out for a spin. Once you get behind the wheel, it’s obvious what an exceptional car this really is. To get here from Easton, just head south on MA-24, and look for us just east of Dunkin Donuts. Visit us seven days a week!
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $820.00 destination charge and options.
**28 city/36 highway/ 31 combined mpg rating for 5MT models. 30 city/39 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX CVT model. 29 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for EX and EX-L CVT model. Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.