2015 Honda Civic vs. 2015 Honda Fit
Drivers from Easton and Raynham looking for an affordable vehicle that can meet and exceed all their daily driving needs have two great options at Silko Honda: the 2015 Honda Civic and the 2015 Honda Fit. Both models are fuel efficient, roomy, fun to drive, and packed with appealing features and advanced technologies. Read through this side-by-side comparison to help you decide which car will provide you with more of what you need and want.
Both Vehicles at a Glance
- Compact sedan that produces up to 143 hp and 129 lb-ft of torque
- Roomy five-passenger seating and 12.5 cu-ft of dedicated cargo space
- Coupe and sedan body styles available
- Popular model line for many years
- Subcompact hatchback capable of getting 41 mpg on the highway on LX CVT models*
- Starting MSRP of only $15,650**
- Flexible interior space that can accommodate a wide range of bulky items.
- Fully redesigned for the 2015 model year
How Much Space Do You Need?
Both of these models are smaller vehicles that make ingenious use of space, but they do it in different ways. Overall, the Fit actually offers more total passenger and cargo room. And thanks to a second-row “Magic Seat” that folds flat into the floor, drivers have a large space to work with when they need to load up large and bulky items. With the front passenger seat folded down, this model can even hold items as long as 8-feet long.
The Civic trails close behind in both measurements, but since it is designed as a coupe/sedan rather than a hatchback, the emphasis is more on passengers than cargo. There is seating for five and a roomy back seat that can easily hold three adults and safely accommodate a car seat. Drivers will also enjoy a spacious cockpit seat.
How Do You Drive?
If you are looking for a stronger driving experience, go with the Civic. It offers more power and torque than the Fit and has available performance upgrades, particularly if you opt of the sport-oriented Si trim. And, in spite of its capable powertrain, the Civic is still able to deliver 30 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway in CVT models.***
The Fit has a smaller engine and delivers slightly lower power ratings, but that helps it deliver 33 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway.1 Plus, since it is a smaller vehicle, it has a fair amount of zip, shooting from 0 to 60 mph in just 8.8 seconds, a faster rating than the Civic. So, if you want speed and efficiency, go with the Fit. If you want power and performance, opt for the Civic.
Vehicle Price and Features
Both models are accessibly priced with the 2015 Honda Fit starting at just $15,650** and the 2015 Honda Civic sedan** starting at only $18,490. At the high-end, the Civic is more expensive but offers greater levels of luxury if that is what you are looking for.
Baseline trims of both models come with advanced features like a rearview camera, Bluetooth connectivity, and a five-inch display screen. The Fit has a shorter list of available features but includes most modern features drivers are looking for. The Civic’s list is much longer and allows driver to enjoy a premium quality interior/exterior if they would like.
Which Car is Right for You?
Both of these models have a lot to offer, but only one will be able to do everything you require.
- Choose the Fit if you want to stretch your transportation budget and regularly carry lots of cargo like bikes or camping gear. This is a great car for young professionals, city dwellers, and first-time drivers
- Choose the Civic is you prefer the comfort and convenience of a sedan/coupe body style and are looking for a stronger, more assured driving experience. This is a great car for small families, travelers, and retirees looking for something safe, comfortable, and functional.
Silko Honda is Your Easton-Area Honda Source
You really can’t go wrong with either of these models. Remember, too, that Honda is known for building cars that are reliable, have a low cost of ownership, and retain more of their value throughout their lifetimes. It’s not easy to pick the Fit over the Civic or the Civic over the Fit, so visit Silko Honda to explore both models in person. We located at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA, just 20 minutes from Eaton down MA-24. Visit us Monday through Sunday to find your next new car.
* 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for LX and EX 6MT models. 33 city/41 highway/36 combined mpg rating for LX CVT model. 32 city/38 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX and EX-L CVT models. Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
** MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $820.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
*** 30 city/39 highway/33 combined mpg rating for CVT models. Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.