2016 Honda Odyssey vs. 2015 Mazda5
2016 Honda Odyssey
The 2016 Honda Odyssey is a well-designed minivan that provides drivers with a long list of attractive features offered at an affordable value that’s hard to beat. To demonstrate this, we’ve compared it to a competitor, the 2015 Mazda5. On point after point, the Odyssey shows why critics consistently choose it over the Mazda5.
When it comes to safety, the 2016 Honda Odyssey is a clear winner.
- 2016 Honda Odyssey – In the 2016 IIHS crash tests, the 2016 Honda Odyssey received an IIHS “Top Safety Pick.” In its small overlap frontal offset test, the Odyssey received an overall score of “Good.”
- 2015 Mazda5 – In its small overlap frontal offset testing, the Mazda5 received an overall score of “Poor,” indicating an increased risk of injury compared to the Honda. And in the 2016 IIHS crash tests, the Mazda was not named a “Top Safety Pick” by the IIHS.
The Honda easily outperforms the Mazda in a number of key areas:
- 2016 Honda Odyssey – The Odyssey is equipped with a 3.5L SOHC V6 engine that produces 248 hp and 260 lb.-ft. of peak torque, allowing it to propel the minivan from 0-60 in just 7.3 seconds. The Honda handles its power well, thanks to variable assist power steering and 12.6-inch front and 13.1-inch rear rotors that brought it to a full stop from 60 MPH in just 132.4-feet in AutoWeek testing.
- 2015 Mazda5 – The Mazda5 is powered by a 2.5L DOHC 4-cylinder engine that makes just 157 hp and 163 lb.-ft. of torque. In Car and Driver testing, this powerplant required 9 seconds to reach 60 MPH from 0. The Mazda5 doesn’t offer the same control as the Honda, either. Equipped with 11.8-inch front and 11.9-inch rear rotors, the Mazda requires 138.3-feet to come to a stop from 60 MPH – nearly six feet more than the Honda.
Most drivers buy a minivan to allow them to move passengers and cargo with ease. Here again, the Odyssey outclasses the Mazda5:
- 2016 Honda Odyssey – The Honda Odyssey is designed to comfortably seat up to eight passengers with convenient adjustable second-row seats and reclining third-row seats. The Odyssey delivers up to 148.5 cubic feet of interior cargo space which can be conveniently accessed thanks to third-row seats that fold into the floor if needed, as well as an available power cargo door.
- 2015 Mazda5 – The Mazda5 can seat only six passengers and lacks reclining third-row seats. The Mazda offers drivers just 44.4 cubic feet of available cargo volume and lacks both a power cargo door and fold-down third-row seating.
The 2016 Honda Odyssey Delivers More of What Matters to Raynham and Plymouth Shoppers
There isn’t enough space here to outline all the ways that the 2016 Honda Odyssey delivers a superior experience to Raynham and Plymouth drivers. Contact Silko Honda at (508) 880-5500 or stop by our showroom at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA to get behind the wheel today.