2016 Honda Accord vs. 2016 Buick Regal
At Silko Honda, we know that the 2016 Honda Accord has earned a place in the hearts and driveways of many Raynham and Plymouth residents, but we know many of you likely have other cars on your mind when shopping around. We can’t compare the Accord to every other sedan on the market, but we think putting it up against some of its top competitors can give you an idea of just what makes Honda’s sedan so popular.
We put the Accord’s base LX trim side-by-side with the 2016 Buick Regal 1SV and found Honda’s sedan to be more affordable, more powerful, more efficient, and more spacious than the Regal.
Honda Builds Affordable Cars
For decades Honda has been known as one of the most affordable automakers in the world, and the Accord has led that charge year after year. Drivers seeking a mid-size sedan that can fit easily into the family budget should compare the Accord to the Regal:
- The 2016 Honda Accord LX Sedan has a base price of $22,205 (MSRP).*
- 2016 Buick Regal 1SV models are priced at $27,065.
- To put things in perspective, upgrading the Accord by two trim levels to the 2016 Accord EX 6MT has a price of $25,580 (MSRP).*
Of course, drivers don’t need to upgrade to the Accord EX in order to get access to modern connectivity and safety features that many expect on their cars. The LX trim comes with Bluetooth HandsFreeLink for phone and audio, a multi-angle rearview camera, an in-dash infotainment system, and more.
A More Powerful, More Efficient Engine?
The conventional wisdom about auto engines is that you need to trade power for fuel economy (or vice versa), but sometimes an engine is just better at being an engine:
- The 2016 Honda Accord LX features a 2.4L four-cylinder with 185 hp and 181 lb.-ft. of torque, with CVT-equipped models earning an EPA-estimated 37 mpg/highway and 27 mpg/city.*
- The 2016 Buick Regal 1SV has a 182-hp four-cylinder with 172 lb.-ft. of torque, but it only manages 31 mpg/highway and 19 mpg/city.
The high price and low fuel economy of the Regal make it a double threat to the family budget, but we’re not quite done yet.
A Spacious Sedan
Many families choose the mid-size sedan for how easy it is to seat the kids in the back, toss their backpacks or toys in the trunk, and head where you need to go. Once the kids reach a certain age, they’ll be fighting over who is in whose space, and we think you’ll be grateful to be driving an Accord over a competing model like the Regal.
- The 2016 Accord LX Sedan has 103.2 cubic feet of passenger space with more head-, hip-, and legroom than the Regal in both rows.
- The 2016 Buick Regal 1SV only has 96.8 cubic feet of passenger space, and that’s just enough to put the kids too close together or leave adults feeling cramped in the back seat.
See the 2016 Honda Accord Firsthand Near Raynham and Plymouth Today
We’ve given you a glimpse at the 2016 Honda Accord and how it compares to the Buick Regal. Let us show you all that Honda’s sedan has going for it with a test drive. Plymouth and Raynham drivers can visit Silko Honda seven days a week at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham – contact us online or by phone at 508-880-5500 to set up a test drive.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $835.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.