Discover Power in the 2017 Honda Accord Performance
Now that drivers have had a chance to experience the 2017 Honda Accord performance for themselves, we’ve seen the sedan zip out of Silko Honda and home to Brockton, Taunton, and Fall River. Whether you drive the entry-level model with its 2.4L four-cylinder or upgrade to the available 3.5L V6, the 2017 Honda Accord’s specs and performance features make it a leader in the mid-size sedan class.
Drivers seeking the standard Accord, we think you’ll be surprised by how much it’s capable of, and mid-size sedan drivers who need a car that can roar, the 3.5L V6 is right up your alley.
- 2.4L Four-Cylinder: Capable of up to 185 hp and 181 lb.-ft. of torque, the base engine of the Accord leaves its competitors in the rearview; despite its power, the 2017 Accord LX Sedan CVT earns an EPA-estimated 36 mpg/highway and 27 mpg/city.*
- 3.5L V6: Upgrading to the 3.5L V6 brings a substantial return in power, raising the 2017 Honda Accord performance specs up to 278 hp and 252 lb.-ft. of torque. Feel free to joyride in an Accord V6 Sedan; they earn an EPA-estimated 33 highway and 21 city mpg.*
Other Performance Features
While the engines may be the highlights of the 2017 Honda Accord performance, they are part of a bigger picture. The responsive acceleration and efficient fuel economy of the Accord have these other performance features to thank:
- Transmission Options: Drivers of the 2.4L four-cylinder will have their choice of the standard six-speed manual transmission or the available CVT. The 3.5L V6 is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Paddle Shifters: Sport and Sport Special Edition trims equipped with the CVT are available with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters for manual-like control with CVT efficiency.
- Dual Exhaust: Both the Sport and Sport Special Edition models feature a dual exhaust system that offers a more vocal engine response and brings the specs of the 2.4L four-cylinder up to 189 hp and 182 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Eco Assist: We know quite a few drivers flock to the Accord for its efficiency, but the engine only does so much on its own. Lucky for you, each 2017 Accord includes Eco Assist, a system designed to coach you to drive more efficiently. Bars around the speedometer go from blue to green as you practice more efficient driving habits.
- Multi-Information Display: Let the Accord do the calculating of performance and efficiency specs for you. The multi-information display features two average fuel economy indicators, a miles-to-empty indicator, and a maintenance minder system.
Experience the 2017 Honda Accord Performance On a Brockton, Taunton, and Fall River Test Drive Today
Seeing the numbers behind the 2017 Honda Accord performance can give you an idea of what those engines feel like on the road, but nothing quite compares to spending quality time behind the wheel. Brockton, Fall River, and Taunton drivers can find the Accord at Silko Honda, 1580 New State Highway in Raynham. Contact us online or by phone at to schedule your test drive.
We can’t wait to put you in the driver’s seat of a new Accord.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors