What Honda Accord Safety Features Can Raynham and Plymouth Drivers Look Forward To?
The 2016 Honda Accord safety features offer Raynham and Plymouth drivers abundant tech and design features to help prevent accidents, and the advanced engineering necessary to walk away if prevention isn’t possible. To help highlight the value of these features, the experts at Silko Honda have created this catalog of passive and active safety features, as well as a rundown for the most recent crash testing information. Read on to learn why you should feel confident when you drive a Honda Accord.
From the 3-point harnesses with automatic tensioning system to the child safety locks and standard LATCH safety tethers, the 2016 Honda Accord is designed to protect:
- Advanced Airbag System – Dual-stage multi-threshold airbags help to protect smaller occupants from harm in low-level crashes, while the SmartVent front side airbags and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor are designed to protect outboard passengers too.
- Cutting-Edge Design System – The Advanced Compatibility Engineering system makes use of innovative new materials for a lighter, stronger cabin design, while special crumple zones absorb the power of impact to reduce damage to cabin occupants.
- Seatbelt Reminder – The audible seatbelt reminder ensures that the driver and front passenger don’t forget to buckle up and stay safe.
Accident Prevention Features
The Accord also excels at preventing collisions from occuring with advanced technology designed to alert drivers to impending hazards, such as:
- Stability Control – The Honda Accord offers standard Traction Control and Vehicle Stability Assist to help provide power to the wheels that slip and keep the vehicle running as it should.
- Rearview Camera System – The Accord is equipped with a multi-angle rearview camera system that features three different viewing angles which help to prevent backing accidents by giving drivers a clear view of the area behind the vehicle.
- ABS – The Accord is equipped with Anti-lock braking with Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist to help provide additional power to the brakes during emergency maneuvers and help to keep the vehicle under control.
- Driver-Assist – The Accord offers a number of driver assist features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Road Departure Mitigation and Lane Departure Warning to avoid collisions with obstacles by alerting drivers to them and taking action when possible to help avoid the severity of the collision if avoidance isn’t possible. Of particular interest is the Collision Mitigation Braking system, which will automatically apply brake pressure should the Accord sense that you’re about to crash into a another vehicle.
Learn More About the 2016 Honda Accord Safety Features at Your Premier Raynham and Plymouth Honda Dealership
To test-drive the 2016 Honda Accord and learn about the safety features available to Raynham and Plymouth drivers, contact Silko Honda at 508-880-5500 or visit us at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA today. We look forward to showing you everything else the Accord can do!