How to Lease a Car in Raynham
Once you’ve weighed your options to either finance or lease a car and have chosen leasing as the best fit for you, it’s time to get the ball rolling! If you’ve got questions about how to lease a car in Raynham, we’ll walk you through the entire process from:
- Starting a Lease: Finding the right car, determining what you can afford, negotiating, and grabbing the keys
- The Duration of the Lease: Maintenance and mileage limits
- Returning Your Lease: Choosing to buy the car, continue the lease, or return it and what you need to bring to the dealership
Starting a Lease
Presumably you’ve already picked a new car that meets your needs. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Budget: Budgeting for leasing is about the same as for financing a car. While you don’t have to worry about a massive down payment, you still have to plan for what you can afford monthly. Our payment calculator can help.
- Determine Your Average Yearly Mileage: As you know, leasing a car comes with mileage restrictions. These can be negotiated higher or lower, but it will impact your monthly payments, and any overages come with penalties. That’s why it’s important to get a ballpark average of how much you drive currently.
- Get the Best Deal: Take a look at Honda’s lease deals and our new vehicle specials in order to save some money.
- Negotiate: Once you’ve picked a car, you will be negotiating for the price of the car first, which will then determine your lease payments. Even if you are leasing, you can still trade in a car to reduce your costs.
- Sign and Drive: You’ll want to make sure all the financial disclosures are clear to you like the penalties for excessive damage or going over your mileage restrictions. There will also be closing costs and taxes to cover. Once you’re all set, the car is yours!
What to Do During Your Lease
For the most part, having a car that you’re leasing is the same as financing a car. There are some exceptions, though, that you should be aware of:
- Mileage Restrictions: Your lease will come with mileage caps. If you go over these during your lease, you will have to pay a penalty.
- Maintenance: You will be responsible for the car’s upkeep and any damage that isn’t repaired by you will still come out of your wallet when you return the car.
- Alterations: Since you’re technically borrowing the car, you will not want to make any major alterations to the car unless you’re somehow able to easily undo them when the lease is over.
- Breaking Your Lease: In most cases, you can break your lease if you need to get out early. For example, say you lived in Raynham and are driving a Honda Civic, but you suddenly have to move, and a Honda CR-V might now be better for you. If you do break your lease, you will likely have to pay a penalty fee that will be outlined in the initial terms and conditions. We recommend doing your best to not break the lease.
What to Do at the End of Your Lease
When you reach the end of your lease, you have a few options:
- Return Your Lease
- Exchange Your Lease for a New Leased Car
- Extend Your Lease on Your Current Vehicle
- Buy Your Leased Car
What you decide to do is entirely your decision! If you do decide to return or exchange the car, here’s what you need to do:
- Clean the Car: You’d be surprised how many people don’t bother to clean their vehicle or even remove their belongings before they return it to the dealership. You’ll want the car to be as close to its original condition as you can get it.
- Bring Any Paperwork: Have with you your initial terms of agreement, as well as any service records.
- Pay Any Fees: Depending on the car’s condition, you may have to take care of any excessive wear and tear or mileage overage fees at this time. At the very least, there will be a disposition fee you’ll have to pay. This fee covers the dealership’s cost while assessing the vehicle’s condition and determining its resale value.
Lease a Car Today at Silko Honda
We hope you’ll choose to lease your next vehicle from Silko Honda. If you still have any questions about leasing from our dealership, please give us a call at or stop by the dealership to see your favorite models in person! Keep yourself covered with liability insurance.
Why is my TPMS light on? We hear this question quite often after the temperature drops significantly. Big changes between high and low temperatures that typically happen in the fall can trigger your TPMS light (cutaway tire with an exclamation point) because tire pressure declines when the temperature falls. As a result, the TPMS light…
The Honda Civic has long been a staple of the Brockton roads for its fuel-efficient performance and versatile design, but the 2020 Honda Civic interior elevates your driving experience to soaring new heights. Whether you’re searching for high-tech features for your Taunton commute, or premium safety features to keep your family secure in Fall River, the…
The iconic Honda Accord design is unmistakable when driving through the streets of Raynham with it’s sleek and functional exterior. But the comfort, safety, and connectivity of the new 2020 Honda Accord interior can only be fully experienced when you contact us here at Silko Honda near Brockton and test drive this high-performance model. The…
At Silko Honda, we are proud to be able to offer a wide range of Honda Certified Pre-Owned vehicles to our Brockton and Taunton drivers. The Honda Certified Pre-Owned Programs offer a substantial number of advantages over buying just any old used car or buying a used Honda from a private seller. If you’ve…
The 2019 Honda Pilot earns a fuel efficient mpg that varies depending on the drivetrain and transmission combination you choose. Topped by a gas tank that holds 19.5 gallons, you’ll experience fewer stops at the gas station and more time on the Taunton roads. Learn more about your options and the fuel economy you can…
The 2019 Honda CR-V makes its presence known on the Raynham streets with its sleek and stylish exterior, but what lies within the 2019 Honda CR-V interior? Spacious design and premium amenities can be found onboard the latest model. Silko Honda is ready to share our favorite features within the Honda CR-V interior below! New CR-V…