How to Lease a Car in Raynham
Once you’ve weighed your options to either finance or lease a car and have chosen leasing as the best fit for you, it’s time to get the ball rolling! If you’ve got questions about how to lease a car in Raynham, we’ll walk you through the entire process from:
- Starting a Lease: Finding the right car, determining what you can afford, negotiating, and grabbing the keys
- The Duration of the Lease: Maintenance and mileage limits
- Returning Your Lease: Choosing to buy the car, continue the lease, or return it and what you need to bring to the dealership
Starting a Lease
Presumably you’ve already picked a new car that meets your needs. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Budget: Budgeting for leasing is about the same as for financing a car. While you don’t have to worry about a massive down payment, you still have to plan for what you can afford monthly. Our payment calculator can help.
- Determine Your Average Yearly Mileage: As you know, leasing a car comes with mileage restrictions. These can be negotiated higher or lower, but it will impact your monthly payments, and any overages come with penalties. That’s why it’s important to get a ballpark average of how much you drive currently.
- Get the Best Deal: Take a look at Honda’s lease deals and our new vehicle specials in order to save some money.
- Negotiate: Once you’ve picked a car, you will be negotiating for the price of the car first, which will then determine your lease payments. Even if you are leasing, you can still trade in a car to reduce your costs.
- Sign and Drive: You’ll want to make sure all the financial disclosures are clear to you like the penalties for excessive damage or going over your mileage restrictions. There will also be closing costs and taxes to cover. Once you’re all set, the car is yours!
What to Do During Your Lease
For the most part, having a car that you’re leasing is the same as financing a car. There are some exceptions, though, that you should be aware of:
- Mileage Restrictions: Your lease will come with mileage caps. If you go over these during your lease, you will have to pay a penalty.
- Maintenance: You will be responsible for the car’s upkeep and any damage that isn’t repaired by you will still come out of your wallet when you return the car.
- Alterations: Since you’re technically borrowing the car, you will not want to make any major alterations to the car unless you’re somehow able to easily undo them when the lease is over.
- Breaking Your Lease: In most cases, you can break your lease if you need to get out early. For example, say you lived in Raynham and are driving a Honda Civic, but you suddenly have to move, and a Honda CR-V might now be better for you. If you do break your lease, you will likely have to pay a penalty fee that will be outlined in the initial terms and conditions. We recommend doing your best to not break the lease.
What to Do at the End of Your Lease
When you reach the end of your lease, you have a few options:
- Return Your Lease
- Exchange Your Lease for a New Leased Car
- Extend Your Lease on Your Current Vehicle
- Buy Your Leased Car
What you decide to do is entirely your decision! If you do decide to return or exchange the car, here’s what you need to do:
- Clean the Car: You’d be surprised how many people don’t bother to clean their vehicle or even remove their belongings before they return it to the dealership. You’ll want the car to be as close to its original condition as you can get it.
- Bring Any Paperwork: Have with you your initial terms of agreement, as well as any service records.
- Pay Any Fees: Depending on the car’s condition, you may have to take care of any excessive wear and tear or mileage overage fees at this time. At the very least, there will be a disposition fee you’ll have to pay. This fee covers the dealership’s cost while assessing the vehicle’s condition and determining its resale value.
Lease a Car Today at Silko Honda
We hope you’ll choose to lease your next vehicle from Silko Honda. If you still have any questions about leasing from our dealership, please give us a call at or stop by the dealership to see your favorite models in person! Keep yourself covered with liability insurance.
The 2022 Honda Pilot is a spacious, powerful, and innovative SUV that can help you handle any Brockton adventure. This family-friendly SUV sports an innovative interior, tons of cargo space, and an attractive design that will turn heads on the Taunton streets. What’s more, the new Honda Pilot offers plenty of power from under the…
A reliable and fuel-efficient sedan like the 2022 Honda Civic might be just what you need to enhance your daily Brockton commutes and weekend getaways. On top of the Honda Civic design that gives you and your family ample interior space, the Honda Civic interior is stocked with a host of features that bring relaxation…
Brockton customers and auto experts everywhere are excited about the arrival of the all-new 2022 Honda Civic. So what can you expect from the latest version of the incredible Honda lineup? Take a look at the 2022 Honda Civic features and how Honda has redesigned the 2022 Honda Civic with Silko Honda today. The Honda Civic…
Are you on the hunt for a work truck that is reliable, durable, and sophisticated? Consider the new 2021 Honda Ridgeline here at Silko Honda! The 2021 Ridgeline boasts a rugged design that features thicker tires and dual chrome exhaust tips, making it the perfect pickup for Brockton job sites and your wildest weekend adventures. What’s…
The 2021 Honda CR-V is a beloved SUV that contains family-friendly features, advanced safety technology, and comes in a stylish assortment of colors. While you may not choose the CR-V solely for the colors, the CR-V color options are the cherry on top. Have fun searching through the available options and picking the 2021 Honda…
Don’t let the subcompact SUV class fool you. The 2021 Honda HR-V interior offers the space Brockton drivers want in a small SUV with the driveability and agility of a sedan. While the exterior is a head-turner, it’s the Honda HR-V seating and interior space that keeps drivers and passengers happy for the long haul….