How to Lease a Car in Raynham
Once you’ve weighed your options to either finance or lease a car and have chosen leasing as the best fit for you, it’s time to get the ball rolling! If you’ve got questions about how to lease a car in Raynham, we’ll walk you through the entire process from:
- Starting a Lease: Finding the right car, determining what you can afford, negotiating, and grabbing the keys
- The Duration of the Lease: Maintenance and mileage limits
- Returning Your Lease: Choosing to buy the car, continue the lease, or return it and what you need to bring to the dealership
Starting a Lease
Presumably you’ve already picked a new car that meets your needs. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Budget: Budgeting for leasing is about the same as for financing a car. While you don’t have to worry about a massive down payment, you still have to plan for what you can afford monthly. Our payment calculator can help.
- Determine Your Average Yearly Mileage: As you know, leasing a car comes with mileage restrictions. These can be negotiated higher or lower, but it will impact your monthly payments, and any overages come with penalties. That’s why it’s important to get a ballpark average of how much you drive currently.
- Get the Best Deal: Take a look at Honda’s lease deals and our new vehicle specials in order to save some money.
- Negotiate: Once you’ve picked a car, you will be negotiating for the price of the car first, which will then determine your lease payments. Even if you are leasing, you can still trade in a car to reduce your costs.
- Sign and Drive: You’ll want to make sure all the financial disclosures are clear to you like the penalties for excessive damage or going over your mileage restrictions. There will also be closing costs and taxes to cover. Once you’re all set, the car is yours!
What to Do During Your Lease
For the most part, having a car that you’re leasing is the same as financing a car. There are some exceptions, though, that you should be aware of:
- Mileage Restrictions: Your lease will come with mileage caps. If you go over these during your lease, you will have to pay a penalty.
- Maintenance: You will be responsible for the car’s upkeep and any damage that isn’t repaired by you will still come out of your wallet when you return the car.
- Alterations: Since you’re technically borrowing the car, you will not want to make any major alterations to the car unless you’re somehow able to easily undo them when the lease is over.
- Breaking Your Lease: In most cases, you can break your lease if you need to get out early. For example, say you lived in Raynham and are driving a Honda Civic, but you suddenly have to move, and a Honda CR-V might now be better for you. If you do break your lease, you will likely have to pay a penalty fee that will be outlined in the initial terms and conditions. We recommend doing your best to not break the lease.
What to Do at the End of Your Lease
When you reach the end of your lease, you have a few options:
- Return Your Lease
- Exchange Your Lease for a New Leased Car
- Extend Your Lease on Your Current Vehicle
- Buy Your Leased Car
What you decide to do is entirely your decision! If you do decide to return or exchange the car, here’s what you need to do:
- Clean the Car: You’d be surprised how many people don’t bother to clean their vehicle or even remove their belongings before they return it to the dealership. You’ll want the car to be as close to its original condition as you can get it.
- Bring Any Paperwork: Have with you your initial terms of agreement, as well as any service records.
- Pay Any Fees: Depending on the car’s condition, you may have to take care of any excessive wear and tear or mileage overage fees at this time. At the very least, there will be a disposition fee you’ll have to pay. This fee covers the dealership’s cost while assessing the vehicle’s condition and determining its resale value.
Lease a Car Today at Silko Honda
We hope you’ll choose to lease your next vehicle from Silko Honda. If you still have any questions about leasing from our dealership, please give us a call at or stop by the dealership to see your favorite models in person! Keep yourself covered with liability insurance.
The sporty Honda Passport has had reviewers and Brockton drivers taking notice all year. This versatile SUV has all the features to help you out, whether you’re on-the-go in Taunton or hitting the road cross-country. The Passport is shorter and more agile than the 3-row Pilot, yet provides an incredible amount of interior space for…
For any Brockton family, nothing is more important than peace of mind while running errands or taking an off-road adventure. Many drivers know the 2020 Honda CR-V for its exceptional efficiency, range of advanced comfort features, and sleek design– but did you know that its safety features and engineering are second-to-none? With the 2020 Honda…
Drivers from Brockton to Taunton are gravitating toward the 2020 Honda HR-V when they are looking for a versatile and fun-to-drive compact crossover. Even better, there are a plethora of AWD Honda HR-V configurations that allow drivers to really make this vehicle their own. With five different HR-V trim levels to choose from, you’ll be…
The Honda Pilot is redefining what a sport utility vehicle is for Raynham families just like yours. From the noteworthy Honda Pilot design—both interior and exterior—to innovative connectivity, convenience, and comfort features, your drives throughout Brockton in this model will undoubtedly be elevated. Read on below to discover more about what makes the 2020 Honda…
As Kelley Blue Book’s 2020 Best Buy Compact SUV*, the 2020 Honda CR-V ticks a lot of boxes on compact SUV shoppers’ wishlists: like the 190hp turbocharged engine and the standard Honda Sensing® driver assist technologies suite. When it comes to passenger and cargo space, the 2020 CR-V may surprise you with its roomy interior….
Across the lineup, the 2020 Honda Pilot configurations provide Brockton drivers with everything they need, from potent power and a spacious interior to high-tech features and advanced safety. As you move through the list of Honda Pilot trim levels, they only become more equipped to handle your Taunton-area driving demands. Find out what each 2020…