How to Lease a Car in Raynham
Once you’ve weighed your options to either finance or lease a car and have chosen leasing as the best fit for you, it’s time to get the ball rolling! If you’ve got questions about how to lease a car in Raynham, we’ll walk you through the entire process from:
- Starting a Lease: Finding the right car, determining what you can afford, negotiating, and grabbing the keys
- The Duration of the Lease: Maintenance and mileage limits
- Returning Your Lease: Choosing to buy the car, continue the lease, or return it and what you need to bring to the dealership
Starting a Lease
Presumably you’ve already picked a new car that meets your needs. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Budget: Budgeting for leasing is about the same as for financing a car. While you don’t have to worry about a massive down payment, you still have to plan for what you can afford monthly. Our payment calculator can help.
- Determine Your Average Yearly Mileage: As you know, leasing a car comes with mileage restrictions. These can be negotiated higher or lower, but it will impact your monthly payments, and any overages come with penalties. That’s why it’s important to get a ballpark average of how much you drive currently.
- Get the Best Deal: Take a look at Honda’s lease deals and our new vehicle specials in order to save some money.
- Negotiate: Once you’ve picked a car, you will be negotiating for the price of the car first, which will then determine your lease payments. Even if you are leasing, you can still trade in a car to reduce your costs.
- Sign and Drive: You’ll want to make sure all the financial disclosures are clear to you like the penalties for excessive damage or going over your mileage restrictions. There will also be closing costs and taxes to cover. Once you’re all set, the car is yours!
What to Do During Your Lease
For the most part, having a car that you’re leasing is the same as financing a car. There are some exceptions, though, that you should be aware of:
- Mileage Restrictions: Your lease will come with mileage caps. If you go over these during your lease, you will have to pay a penalty.
- Maintenance: You will be responsible for the car’s upkeep and any damage that isn’t repaired by you will still come out of your wallet when you return the car.
- Alterations: Since you’re technically borrowing the car, you will not want to make any major alterations to the car unless you’re somehow able to easily undo them when the lease is over.
- Breaking Your Lease: In most cases, you can break your lease if you need to get out early. For example, say you lived in Raynham and are driving a Honda Civic, but you suddenly have to move, and a Honda CR-V might now be better for you. If you do break your lease, you will likely have to pay a penalty fee that will be outlined in the initial terms and conditions. We recommend doing your best to not break the lease.
What to Do at the End of Your Lease
When you reach the end of your lease, you have a few options:
- Return Your Lease
- Exchange Your Lease for a New Leased Car
- Extend Your Lease on Your Current Vehicle
- Buy Your Leased Car
What you decide to do is entirely your decision! If you do decide to return or exchange the car, here’s what you need to do:
- Clean the Car: You’d be surprised how many people don’t bother to clean their vehicle or even remove their belongings before they return it to the dealership. You’ll want the car to be as close to its original condition as you can get it.
- Bring Any Paperwork: Have with you your initial terms of agreement, as well as any service records.
- Pay Any Fees: Depending on the car’s condition, you may have to take care of any excessive wear and tear or mileage overage fees at this time. At the very least, there will be a disposition fee you’ll have to pay. This fee covers the dealership’s cost while assessing the vehicle’s condition and determining its resale value.
Lease a Car Today at Silko Honda
We hope you’ll choose to lease your next vehicle from Silko Honda. If you still have any questions about leasing from our dealership, please give us a call at or stop by the dealership to see your favorite models in person! Keep yourself covered with liability insurance.
For those Raynham drivers in the market for a comfortable new SUV, the 2021 Honda Passport has a stylish and cozy cabin that includes high-quality materials, a generous amount of cargo space, and ample room for passengers and gear. With seating for up to eight people, it’s ideal for large families. Learn more about…
Your sedan should not only be reliable for your everyday travels, but it should also give a peace of mind while out on Brockton roads. The 2020 Honda Accord safety ratings from some of the automobile industry’s more renowned organizations will keep you reassured on your daily commutes. Learn more about the 2020 Accord…
You want to feel safe as you and your family drive along our Brockton roads. Honda wants you to be safe, too. That’s why there are a ton of Honda safety features built into their vehicles. And that’s reflected in the remarkable Honda HR-V safety ratings. We’ve broken down those safety ratings below and explain…
When shopping for fuel-efficient vehicles in Raynham, the 2020 Honda Fit mpg ratings simplify your search. Thanks to the Honda Eco Assist™ System, you’ll be able to save power and make fewer trips to the pump, stretching your budget while also lowering your carbon footprint. Learn more with the pros at Silko Honda! View Inventory Apply…
The 2020 Honda CR-V towing capacity specs solidify this model as a powerful yet efficient choice for Raynham drivers who want an SUV that can do it all. Get the payload capacity and cargo space you need when you explore the new Honda CR-V at Silko Honda! View Inventory Apply for Financing Contact Us What Can…
How much is a new Honda CR-V? Rest assured, drivers from Brockton to Raynham are raving about the new Honda CR-V price. With the great reviews this vehicle has received in the compact SUV category, many drivers are gravitating toward it. Plus, with newly available hybrid options, the CR-V is now a great choice for…