Fire up the grill this 4th of July!
It’s National Grilling Month so fire up the grill this 4th of July! We’re excited for Grilling Month so we asked out Internet Department what staple dishes they’d be serving this holiday weekend. Here’s what they delivered.
Tri Colored Pasta Salad
- 1 16 oz box of tri color pasta , cooked
- 8 oz mozzarella balls , cut in half
- 2 cups of olives , cut in half
- 2 roasted red peppers , cut in half (we use jarred)
- 2 cups Italian Dressing
In a large bowl pour in the pasta.
Add in the mozzarella, olives, red peppers, and dressing.
Mix ingredients together and then place into the refrigerator overnight.
Serve as desired.
Old Fashioned Grilled Cheeseburgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayeene pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
Brownie Flag Dessert
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 (16-ounce) containers white frosting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9X13-inch pan with aluminum foil. Make sure the foil extends up the sides so that you will be able to lift the brownies out of the pan. Spray with cooking spray.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in sugar and coca powder.
Make sure mixture is not hot and then whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder.
Fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
Lift brownie out of pan and place on a serving tray. Spread with a thin layer of frosting.
Arrange blueberries in rows in top left corner. Place strawberry slices in 5 rows.
Place remaining frosting in a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe frosting between rows of strawberries.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 24-28 oz fresh cold water
- Bring the sugar and water to a simmer in a small saucepot. Stir so that sugar melts completely then remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the strawberries in a blender and process until smooth. Pour pureed strawberries in the sugar water and stir well. Add the lemon juice.
- Combine the strawberry lemon syrup and the cold water in a large pitcher. Stir well and add lots of ice.
- Serve lemonade with thin slices of lemons and strawberries.