How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
There are many dealers in Raynham who will purchase your current vehicle from you through a buyback program or when you come in to buy a new vehicle. Silko Honda is one of them! This allows you to save money on your next vehicle purchase, or you can take the offer without buying another vehicle. Read this handy guide on how to sell at a car at a dealership with Silko Honda, below!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Selling your Taunton-area commuter vehicle to Silko Honda is an easy process:
- Spruce Up Your Vehicle: Having your car washed, detailed, and replacing things like windshield wipers or floor mats before bringing it to the dealership for an appraisal is a great way to increase your vehicle’s value.
- Prepare a Record of Vehicle’s History: Do you change your vehicle’s oil regularly or get frequent tire rotations? Having a document that details your vehicle’s maintenance history, a list of its additional features, and a list of extra accessories like keys fobs, and bike mounts will increase your vehicle’s value and make it more appealing to the dealer.
- Have Your Car’s Title Ready: Coming prepared with your vehicle’s title will save time on the dealership’s end and speed up your offer.
- Find Out How Much Your Vehicle is Worth: Use our value your trade tool, or sites such as Cars.com and Kelley Blue Book, to find out how much your car is worth. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealership is willing to pay for your car.
- Shop Around to Find the Best Dealership: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle, then most Fall River dealerships will buy it off of you regardless of their inventory or condition. However, if you have an older model car, you may find it easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect When Selling Your Car to a Dealership
Once you’ve prepared your vehicle for sale, the rest of the process will usually go as follows:
- Make an Appointment: It’s best to make an appointment beforehand so the dealer is prepared for your arrival and has the proper paperwork ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: The Used Car Manager will typically inspect your vehicle, or they’ll take it to the service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Take the Offer or Negotiate: You can either accept the dealer’s offer, negotiate, or go to another dealership to try to get a better offer.
What are the Benefits of Selling Your Car at a Dealership?
When you make the decision to sell your vehicle, one of the options you may consider is selling it privately. While the possibility of selling it at a higher price and negotiating on your timeline may seem tempting, selling a car privately is a huge hassle. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy when selling your car to Silko Honda:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: When working with a dealership, you don’t have to worry about the details such as listing your car online, sorting through inquiries, and inviting strangers to your home for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Trading in your vehicle is a great way to lower the cost of your new ride.
- Save on Your Taxes: When your trade in your car and purchase a different one from Silko Honda, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Silko Honda Wants to Buy Your Car!
How that you have an answer to the question, “how does selling a car a dealership work?” sell your Silko Honda! Contact our finance center to get the process started, or stop by the dealership to speak with one of our sales representatives. We look forward to working with you!
More from Silko Honda
The 2022 Honda Pilot is a spacious, powerful, and innovative SUV that can help you handle any Brockton adventure. This family-friendly SUV sports an innovative interior, tons of cargo space, and an attractive design that will turn heads on the Taunton streets. What’s more, the new Honda Pilot offers plenty of power from under the…
A reliable and fuel-efficient sedan like the 2022 Honda Civic might be just what you need to enhance your daily Brockton commutes and weekend getaways. On top of the Honda Civic design that gives you and your family ample interior space, the Honda Civic interior is stocked with a host of features that bring relaxation…
Brockton customers and auto experts everywhere are excited about the arrival of the all-new 2022 Honda Civic. So what can you expect from the latest version of the incredible Honda lineup? Take a look at the 2022 Honda Civic features and how Honda has redesigned the 2022 Honda Civic with Silko Honda today. The Honda Civic…