This Privacy Notice describes how Silko Motor Sales Inc. d/b/a Silko Honda (“Silko”, “we” or “our”) collects, uses and discloses the information we collect about you when you interact with our website at https://www.silkohonda.com (“Site”). Silko is a leading Honda dealer in Raynham, Massachusetts dedicated to selling, financing, repairing, maintaining, and servicing cars with the personal attention that you will receive long after you get behind the wheel of your Honda (“Services”). We are committed to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared. This Privacy Notice also explains your choices and rights have regarding your personal information. By using our Site, you agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice and consent to our processing of information as specified therein.
Our Site is designed for adults aged 18 and over. We do not knowingly process personal data of any under 13, and should we become aware that any personal data is stored regarding a child under 13, we will follow our internal processes to delete this data in accordance with your data protection rights as soon as is reasonably possible.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
Our primary goal in collecting your personal information when you visit our Site is to provide you with the information you need about our Services.
Information You Provide Directly
- Requesting Services from Silko: When you request an e-price for a vehicle, or schedule a repair or maintenance service, or otherwise request information about our Services, we collect your name, email, phone number and zip code when you voluntarily provide it to us.
- Financing or Leasing Vehicles: If you apply for financing or leasing, we will collect additional information related to your creditworthiness. This credit information will only be used in compliance with applicable federal and state law.
- Employment: When you apply for a career through our Site, we collect your name, phone number, email, address, education information, and employment history when you voluntarily provide it to us. We may also collect information about you from vendors and service providers that we work with in the application process, such as vendors that process or review applications.
Information Automatically Collected Through Your Use of the Site
Does our Site respond to “Do Not Track” preferences?
No. Your browser may allow you to set a “Do Not Track” preference. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect automatically is used primarily to help us understand and analyze trends in connection with usage of the Site and our Services. We may also use your data to detect and prevent issues relating to security and fraudulent activity, consistent with our legitimate business interest to prevent such issues. In addition, we may use your information to customize content we may send or display on the Site to personalize your experience and assess, improve and develop our Site and Services, business, and professional offerings, and for similar research and analytics purposes.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may also use anonymous, de-identified, or aggregate information that does not reasonably identify you for any purpose.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. However, no method of Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You are responsible for using a strong password and keeping it confidential. You agree not to share your account login information with others or transfer any part of your account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- Unless we expressly inform you otherwise or have your consent, or are otherwise permitted under applicable law, we only share your information as follows:
- To the Car Manufacturers: as a franchise dealer of Honda brand products and services, we may also share personal information with Honda and its subsidiaries and affiliates who in turn may share personal information that you provide to us as permitted by applicable federal or state personal information sharing restrictions. This sharing may help facilitate and personalize the Services we are able to provide you and for other permissible uses. For more information about how Honda uses your information, please visit https://www.honda.com/privacy/privacy-policy.pdf.
- To Our Service Providers: we may share your information with third parties who provide services to us or to whom we outsource certain services, such as website analytics companies, hosting and cloud computing service providers, and payment processors. Our service providers only access, process or store your information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transactions: we may share your information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of certain of our ownership interests, assets, or both, or other corporate change, including without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Require By Law: we may share your information when we are required to do so by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process, or in response to lawful requests by public authorities.
- We do not sell your personal information under California or Nevada law, which defines certain disclosures of personal data for monetary or valuable consideration as “sales.”
What are your rights and choices?
You have several choices regarding the use and disclosure of your information.
- Information You Provide. With respect to the collection of your information, if you do not want your information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted information and would like to review, correct or remove it from our records, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Marketing Messages. We may send you marketing communications, about our services that may interest you. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some non-marketing communications are not subject to general opt-out, such as communications relating to services we are providing you, sales transactions, software updates and other support related information, patches and fixes.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. You should exercise caution when linking to a third party site and review the privacy statement applicable to the third-party website in question.
Storage and processing of your information in the U.S.
We control and operate the Site from the United States. Our Privacy Notice and practices are governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, which may differ from privacy laws in your state or home country. By submitting your personal information to us through the Site, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to any country and its use and disclosure in accordance with applicable U.S. Federal and State laws and with this Privacy Notice.
How long does Silko retain my information?
In general, we will only retain your information for the time necessary to realize our legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. However, we may continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as Site visits without identifiers, in order to improve our services.
1580 New State Highway
Raynham, MA 02767