What Are the 2016 Honda Accord Performance Specs?
The 2016 Honda Accord performance specs provide drivers from Raynham to Plymouth with a powerful, efficient ride that is equal parts reliable and exciting, with two potent engines and a slew of performance features, the Accord is the first car most drivers think of when they think capability. To highlight the Accord’s universal appeal, our experts have created a comprehensive catalog, describing the Accord’s available engines, transmissions, and fuel efficiency, as well as other features that make the ride so enjoyable. We think it’s clear to see why the 2016 Accord continues to be a best-seller at Silko Honda.
Drivers can select from a 4-cylinder engine for an ultra-fuel-efficient ride or a potent V6 for more available power on demand:
- Inline 4-Cylinder – Available on the LX, Sport, EX and EX-L trims is the 16-valve 2.4L aluminum-alloy inline 4-cylinder engine featuring Eco Assist, direct fuel injection, and the innovative Drive-by-Wire throttle system. Drivers can choose the 6-speed manual transmission on the LX, Sport, and EX trims, or opt instead for the Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission with Sport Mode available which is standard on the EX-L. Paddle shifters are an option available on the Sport trim to add to the hands-on driving appeal. This motor can generate 185 hp and 181 lb.-ft. of torque, with up to 189 hp and 182 lb.-ft. of torque possible on the Sport trim.In EPA fuel-efficiency testing, this powerplant delivered 23 mpg/city and 34 mpg/highway* when mated to the manual transmission and 27 mpg/city and 37 mpg/highway* with the CVT automatic transmission. The Accord Sport returned 26 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway efficiency*.
- 3.5L V6 – The EX-L V6 and Touring trims are powered by the 24-valve i-VTEC 3.5L V6 engine equipped with Multi-Point fuel injection, Variable Cylinder Management, and Eco Assist. This engine is mated to the 6-speed automatic transmission with Sport Mode making it capable of as much as 278 hp and 252 lb.-ft. of torque while still getting 21 mpg/city and 34 mpg/highway fuel economy*.
Other Performance Features
In order to produce a ride worthy of their reputation, Honda has built features like Active Noise Cancellation, Hill Start Assist, Direct Ignition with Engine Immobilizer, and more into the Accord:
- Power Steering – The Accord features an electric power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering system that gives drivers better control of the vehicle and delivers a more responsive drive.
- Responsive Suspension – The front MacPherson struts and front and rear stabilizer bars respond to road conditions, flexing as necessary, to help reduce body roll and give a more controlled ride.
- Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) – The 6-cylinder engine is equipped with VCM a system which can deactivate cylinders during highway cruising to save fuel and reduce emissions.
- Power-assisted Braking System – With additional input from the system, the power-assisted brakes can help drivers react faster and provide more force during emergency braking maneuvers.
Test-Drive the 2016 Honda Accord and Experience its Industry-Leading Performance Specs in Person
To see the 2016 Honda Accord performance specs near Raynham or Plymouth, contact Silko Honda at 508-880-5500 or stop by our showroom located at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA today.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.