2016 Honda Civic Safety Features
One of the many reasons that you see so many Honda Civics around is the comprehensive safety technologies that give all types of drivers the confidence to travel knowing that all passengers have the best protection available. We’ve outlined the 2016 Honda Civic safety features below to show why we think it’s the best choice for our Plymouth and Raynham customers. Read on to learn more about them, then stop by Silko Honda to get behind the wheel for yourself.
A Fortified Cabin
With the protective structure that Honda is constantly recognized for, the Civic has been built to ensure that you and your most precious cargo, you and your loved ones, are in the safest vehicle possible:
- ACETM Body Construction: The Advanced Compatibility EngineeringTM body structure that is used in the Honda Civic has been designed to protect where other vehicles have faults. Using a unique pentagonal shape, this construction works to deflect collision impact from the passengers and reinforces commonly weak points with crumple zones to disperse damage from the front zone. This technology has performed incredibly well under rigorous testing to show that it will help keep you safe in an accident.
A Shield of Accident Prevention Features
The Civic offers a selection of incredible accident prevention features so that you can drive comfortably, knowing that your car is constantly working to aid you in defensive driving and to avoid a collision:
- Honda LaneWatch: This is a right-side blind spot camera that comes standard on the EX trim and above, giving you perspective to see any vehicles that may be approaching.
- Forward Collision Warning with Collision Mitigation Braking System: A windshield mounted camera monitors how far away you are from the vehicle in front of you, alerting if a collision seems imminent, and even applying the brakes if no action is taken.
- Lane Departure Warning: With this feature, your Civic will detect the lane dimensions and alert you if you should begin to depart from the center of your lane due to driver fatigue, signaling both audio and visual cues.
- Rear-view Backup Camera: Never worry about whether or not you’ll bump a car or pole when parking. The Rear-view backup camerica gives you a clear view from behind as you edge into the perfect spot.
Discover the 2016 Honda Civic Safety Features at Your Leading Raynham and Plymouth Honda Authority
For more information on what the 2016 Honda Civic Honda safety features have to offer for your Raynham or Plymouth commute, contact Silko Honda online or call us at 508-880-5500 for more information or to schedule a test drive today. Otherwise, simply stop by our dealership. We’re located at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA, and we can’t wait to show you what else the 2016 Honda Civic can do!