2016 Honda Pilot vs. 2016 Chevrolet Suburban
2016 Honda Pilot
2016 Chevrolet Suburban
If you’ve been shopping around for a full-sized SUV to help manage family outings and everyday activities, there are few better choices than the 2016 Honda Pilot now available for test-drives at Silko Honda. The Pilot offers Plymouth and Raynham drivers an affordable, efficient ride that won’t leave them struggling to maneuver through city traffic. To show how easily the Honda outperforms the competition, we’ve compared it to a rival, the 2016 Chevy Suburban. We think it’s clear which of these vehicles would make your daily commute more enjoyable. Read on, then stop by to experience a Pilot yourself today.
The Honda Pilot is a stylish, well-equipped full-sized SUV that won’t stress your wallet:
- 2016 Honda Pilot – The Honda Pilot’s base trim, the 2WD LX, is just $30,145 MSRP*. At the other end of the spectrum, well-equipped Honda Pilot Elite trim starting at just $46,570 MSRP*. The Honda can be equipped with the HondaLink system which provides access to wireless calling, music streaming, traffic, roadside assistance, apps, service scheduling, and more with no monthly service charge.
- 2016 Chevy Suburban – The 2016 Chevy Suburban has a base starting price of $49,700 MSRP, which can increase to over $67,440 MSRP for drivers upgrading to the Suburban LTZ trim. The Suburban’s available OnStar system requires a regularly monthly fee to access all of its accompanying services.
The Pilot provide drivers with a surprisingly fuel efficient ride for a large SUV, easily outperforming the Suburban at the pump:
- 2016 Honda Pilot – The Honda Pilot delivers an EPA-estimated 20 mpg/city and 27 mpg/highway fuel efficiency** from the 2WD drivetrain and up to 19 mpg/city and 26 mpg/highway efficiency from the AWD model**. This efficiency, combined with a 19.5-gallon fuel tank means that drivers can expect as much as 526.5 miles from a single fuel stop.
- 2016 Chevy Suburban – The Suburban offers an EPA-estimated 16 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway efficiency, which is reduced to 15 mpg/city and 22 mpg/highway economy. Even with a large 31-gallon tank, drivers could see as little as 465 miles of driving from each fill-up.
The Honda Pilot offers drivers plenty of interior capacity without the strain of managing tight city streets:
- 2016 Honda Pilot – The Honda has a wheelbase of 111 inches. Its total length from bumper to bumper spans 194.5 inches with a width of just 78.6 inches, while its 69.8-inch height makes it easily maneuverable in busy urban environments.
- 2016 Chevy Suburban – The Suburban features a wheelbase of 130 inches and measures a whopping 224.4-inches from bumper to bumper. Measuring 80.5-inches wide without the mirrors, and 74.4-inches high without modification, the Suburban can be a challenge to park under normal circumstances and may not even fit in certain parking areas with a low overhanging roof.
Test-Drive a 2016 Honda Pilot Near Plymouth and Raynham Today
For more information about the 2016 Honda Pilot, now available for test-drives near Plymouth and Raynham, contact Silko Honda at (508) 880-5500 or visit our showroom at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $900.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6AT models. 18 city/26 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD 6AT models. 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD 9AT models. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD 9AT models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.