Fall Car Maintenance Tips
As the weather starts to change, Taunton drivers should be prepared to get their Honda model ready as well. Even though Honda cars are a reliable choice, be sure you are doing everything you can to protect your Honda Pilot or other Honda model this fall season with a little help from Silko Honda. Follow our fall car maintenance checklist so you can drive around Brockton this season ready for any challenge!
Common Fall Weather Issues
Fall weather brings with it unpredictability, shorter days, and colder temperatures, which Fall River drivers know better than most. Here are just a few of the things to watch out for this fall season:
- Rain – While rain can happen any time of the year, fall rain can be especially hazardous for Brockton drivers because water can collect on top of dust and leaves, making roads slick.
- Leaves – Although falling leaves may look pretty, they can cause issued for your drive. In addition to collecting water, leaves can obscure other traffic hazards like potholes.
- Cold and Frost – Colder weather means colder, icier roads. Make sure you stop by the Silko Honda service center for a brake inspection!
Fall Car Maintenance Checklist
Although driving in the fall comes with new hazards, Fall River drivers can protect themselves and their Honda models by following our car maintenance checklist for the fall:
- Get Your Tire and Brake Inspection – We already mentioned that fall weather can lead to wet, slippery, and even icy roads. The best way to make sure you stay safe is to get a tire inspection and brake inspection.
- Replace Wiper Blades – Make sure your wiper blades are in proper working order. rain, ice, and falling leaves are all more common in the fall.
- Check Your Lights – You should always make sure your lights are working properly, but it’s especially important in the fall. The days become shorter, and you may even run into fog!
- Check Your Battery – Having a battery in proper working order will ensure that your car starts when the temperature starts to drop.
- Make Sure Your Heater and Defroster Work – Nobody wants to be caught in the cold without heating, and it can actually be dangerous. Additionally, having a working defroster will make seeing through your windshield easier.
Prepare for Fall with the Silko Honda Service Team
For more fall car maintenance tips and tricks, schedule service at Silko Honda! Be sure to check out our recommended service schedule to keep your Honda vehicle in working order all year round. If you have any questions, be sure to contact us. Keep yourself covered with liability insurance!