2017 Honda Odyssey Safety Features & Ratings
When you’re looking for a vehicle that can fit your whole family, there’s a very good chance that you’ve put safety at the top of your list of concerns. The 2017 Honda Odyssey can seat up to eight passengers across three rows, but it’s also built to keep them safe. From the Honda LaneWatch blind spot camera and Electric Brake Distribution system to premium Honda Sensing driver assistance features like Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Warning, you’ll have the safety features you need. Find out more before coming to take a test drive at Silko Honda in Raynham.
Basic Safety Features
The 2017 Honda Odyssey comes standard with a generous array of standard safety features, beginning with the basics:
- Antilock disc brakes
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Front side airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
All models come with a rearview camera, too, and you’ll have the option of upgrading to a multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines. All versions of the Odyssey except the base trim have the unique Honda LaneWatch blind spot camera system, as well.
With the 2017 Honda Odyssey, you’ll also have access to Honda Sensing, a suite of advanced driver assistance technologies that uses sensors, audible warnings, visible warnings, and intervention to help keep you safe. It includes:
- Lane Departure Warning: By reading the lane markers and your vehicle’s location, this system can tell if you are drifting out of your lane and send you a flash and sound alert so that you correct your steering.
- Forward Collision Warning: Offered on trim levels EX-L and up, the Forward Collision Warning system determines if the distance between the front of your car and the back of the car in front of you is diminishing too quickly and sends you a warning to apply the brakes.
The 2017 Honda Odyssey earned five stars out of five for overall safety from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration*, which includes five stars in the frontal- and side-crash tests. Meanwhile, the 2016 version of this minivan received the top score of “Good” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in important safety categories like side impact, roof strength, small overlap front, and moderate overlap front.
Take a Test Drive in the 2017 Honda Odyssey
Are you interested in seeing how the 2017 Honda Odyssey’s many advanced safety features work when you’re on the road? Bring the whole family by Silko Honda today to take a test drive and find out about our competitive financing options. We’re open every day of the week, and you can contact us directly at . You’ll find just east of Taunton at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham, MA.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).