What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Taunton commute at the Silko Honda service center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s regular maintenance for your Honda Odyssey or Honda Pilot or an illuminated dash light, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Silko Honda. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Raynham, and contact us for more information. With specials like our Gas and Go special, you can save on maintenance needs. Stop by so we can make sure your Honda model is ready for any season!
If you’re looking for the best restaurants in Plymouth, PA, we have you covered! At Silko Honda we want to help find the vehicle that fits your lifestyle the best while recommending things to do in the Brockton area. These are places that even the pickiest eater will like! Contact Us Tuscany Tavern If you want…
The 2019 Honda Civic maintenance schedule is crucial to keeping your new Honda Civic running for years to come. Brockton drivers already know that the Honda Civic is a reliable choice, so be sure to check when your next service appointment should be at Silko Honda. Our highly-trained mechanics can help you get back on the…
Grab your hot chocolate and warmest mittens: the holidays are here! Whether you enjoy the sparkling sights, soaring sounds, or tasty treats of the season, there is something for everyone this Christmas in Brockton! Discover which holiday events we’ve added to our calendar for 2018. Contact Us Festival of Trees Stroll through over 50 trees…