What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Taunton commute at the Silko Honda service center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s regular maintenance for your Honda Odyssey or Honda Pilot,an illuminated dash light, or a tire that needs changing, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Silko Honda. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Raynham, and contact us for more information. With specials like our Gas and Go special, you can save on maintenance needs. Stop by so we can make sure your Honda model is ready for any season!
If you’re an eco-friendly driver you might wonder, “Does Honda Make an EV?” As of now, the answer is no. While Honda offers EVs outside of the U.S market, you can’t currently purchase a Honda EV in Raynham. That said, things are about to rapidly change for Honda! Honda has long adopted hybrid efficiency and…
Shopping for a new SUV that meets all of your needs can get challenging, but when there are models like the 2022 Honda HR-V on the market, the process is easy and pleasant. This Honda SUV is a well-rounded option, but its cabin is a highlight that you simply can’t gloss over. With generous…
When shopping for an SUV like the new Honda HR-V at Silko Honda, you won’t have to make any sacrifices. We offer a strong selection and an expert staff to pair your wishlist with the SUV you deserve. At other Brockton-area dealerships, you may feel pressured to select a vehicle that’s currently sitting on their…