What Do Your Honda Warning Lights Mean?
The various Honda warning lights on your dash aren’t there just to decorate the space. They convey important information that keeps you and your passengers safe. Understand what these handy lights mean and if you need to take action to protect your Taunton commute at the Silko Honda service center.
Know Your Honda Warning Lights
Depending on model and trim you drive, the warning lights in your Honda may vary but could include the following:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring: This light indicates the vehicle has inadequate tire pressure or improperly inflated tires.
- All-Wheel Drive: For vehicles equipped with AWD, a blinking indicator light means that the system has overheated or malfunctioned and requires immediate service. A steady light means the system is engaged.
- Electronic Power Steering: A problem with the EPS system could prevent the vehicle from responding as it should during emergency maneuvers, so it should be checked.
- Vehicle Stability Assist: This light indicates a problem with VSA or Hill Start Assist system, which could fail during aggressive driving or when trying to start the vehicle on an incline.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: A problem with this system could prevent the vehicle from maintaining proper following distance and might cause a collision if the driver loses focus.
- Oil Pressure Indicator: Low oil pressure could indicate a leak within the system or that the vehicle is burning excessive oil.
- Antilock Braking: A problem with the ABS means the brakes will not function as they should and could overheat.
- Supplemental Restraint System: An issue with the airbags or seatbelt sensors can cause this light to activate.
- Check Engine Light: This light could indicate a problem with the emissions control system, that the engine is ready for service, or other serious issues.
- Lane Keeping Assist: The Lane Keeping Assist System light could mean a problem with the autonomous steering function.
Trust Our Service Specialists to Get to The Bottom of the Problem
Whether it’s regular maintenance for your Honda Odyssey or Honda Pilot,an illuminated dash light, or a tire that needs changing, you can trust the factory-trained technicians at Silko Honda. Schedule your service appointment today with our service center in Raynham, and contact us for more information. With specials like our Gas and Go special, you can save on maintenance needs. Stop by so we can make sure your Honda model is ready for any season!
Why is my TPMS light on? We hear this question quite often after the temperature drops significantly. Big changes between high and low temperatures that typically happen in the fall can trigger your TPMS light (cutaway tire with an exclamation point) because tire pressure declines when the temperature falls. As a result, the TPMS light…
The Honda Civic has long been a staple of the Brockton roads for its fuel-efficient performance and versatile design, but the 2020 Honda Civic interior elevates your driving experience to soaring new heights. Whether you’re searching for high-tech features for your Taunton commute, or premium safety features to keep your family secure in Fall River, the…
The iconic Honda Accord design is unmistakable when driving through the streets of Raynham with it’s sleek and functional exterior. But the comfort, safety, and connectivity of the new 2020 Honda Accord interior can only be fully experienced when you contact us here at Silko Honda near Brockton and test drive this high-performance model. The…