2017 Honda CR-V vs. 2017 Honda HR-V
2017 Honda CR-V
2017 Honda HR-V
Are you looking to get into one of the new dynamic Honda Crossovers, but can’t decide between the 2017 Honda CR-V and the 2017 Honda HR-V? The experts at Silko Honda want to make that choice easier for Brockton and East and West Bridgewater drivers, so we created a quick comparison of the two. Check out what these sporty SUVs have to offer, the stop in to test-drive your favorite.
How Much Power Do You Want?
Both the 2017 Honda CR-V and the 2017 Honda HR-V offer responsive engines with plenty of boost:
- 2017 Honda CR-V: The CR-V has a 2.4L 16-valve inline 4-cylinder powerplant with drive-by-wire throttle system mated to a continuously variable automatic transmission to deliver 185 hp and 181 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
- 2016 Honda HR-V: The HR-V has a 1.8L 16-valve inline 4-cylinder powerplant with drive-by-wire throttle system mated to a 6-speed manual or the available continuously variable automatic transmission with sport mode and optional dual mode paddle shifters. This powerplant generates 141 hp and 127 lb.-ft. of torque.
What Kind of Fuel Economy Suits You?
Both vehicles offer drivers impressive fuel efficiency in both the standard AWD versions, but the numbers vary just slightly:
- 2017 Honda CR-V: When equipped with the 2WD powertrain, the CR-V delivered 26 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway fuel efficiency*. When the AWD system was part of the design, drivers achieved 25 mpg/city and 31 mpg/highway efficiency*.
- 2017 Honda HR-V: When equipped with 2WD and the 6-speed manual transmission the HR-V delivers 25 mpg/city and 33 mpg/highway efficiency*. With the 2WD and CVT automatic, those numbers climb to 28 mpg/city and 34 mpg/highway. Drivers who choose the AWD drivetrain can expect 27 mpg/city and 31 mpg/highway*.
How Much Space Do You Need?
Both the CR-V and the HR-V offer rivers spacious, comfortable cabins, but the measurements vary slightly:
- 2017 Honda CR-V: The CR-V offers seating for five with 37.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat for groceries and parcels and as much as 70.9 cubic feet with the rear seat laid flat, plenty of room for sports gear or the luggage needed for a weekend away.
- 2017 Honda HR-V: The HR-V provides space for five passengers, with 24.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the folding rear seat and up to 58.8 cubic feet with the rear seat laid flat. The innovative second-row “Magic” seat also allows drivers to flip the rear seat up to accommodate taller items with ease.
Which Model is Right for You?
Both models are excellent choices, but depending on the features you need, one may be better than the other:
- If you need high horsepower, a large interior, and don’t mind slightly lower fuel economy, the CR-V is a good choice.
- If you prefer better fuel efficiency, a smaller footprint, and the versatility of the “magic” seat, the HR-V is worth a look.
Check Out The 2017 Honda CR-V and the 2017 Honda HR-V at Your Leading Brockton and East and West Bridgewater SUV Source
Explore the many ways the 2017 Honda CR-V and the 2017 Honda HR-V can elevate your Brockton and East and West Bridgewater commute. Contact Silko Honda at (508) 880-5500 or visit us at 1580 New State Highway in Raynham today.
*Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.