Explore the 2017 Honda CR-V’s Safety Features
Safety is a hallmark of the Honda brand, and the 2017 Honda CR-V upholds and enhances that reputation even further. From body structure to driver assistance technologies and beyond, the latest iteration of this crossover displays top-notch safety features.
The 2017 Honda CR-V maintains its reputation for crash-test safety after the 2016 model was awarded a five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration*, and received Top Safety Pick+ status for 2016 from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety**.
This year, the Honda CR-V remains one of the safest vehicles in the midsize crossover segment thanks to its Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure. In the unlikely event that you are ever involved in a collision, the body will crumple intelligently, directing impact energy away from the passenger compartment. At the same time, your own body will be protected from harm thanks to advanced front airbags, Smartvent front side airbags, and side curtain airbags with rollover sensor. Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) ensure that child-seats are safely anchored.
When you ride in the 2017 Honda CR-V, you can count on an extensive array of safety features as standard, including:
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- LED Daytime Running Lights
These safety features help control your drive, keep you visible to other drivers, and enhance traction over slicker road surfaces. You’ll even find a multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines, so it’s easier than ever to reverse without risking a collision.
Driver Assistance Technology
If you regularly need to commute long distances from Easton, Plymouth, or Raynham, then you might be interested in the 2017 Honda CR-V’s diverse selection of Honda Sensing driver assistance technologies that set it apart from competitors (including those with Toyota Safety Sense).
- Lane Keeping Assist System: A front-facing camera reads your position on the road, detecting when you drift from your lane without signaling. Should this occur, corrective steering pressure will be applied to re-center your vehicle.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Advanced radar technology detects the distance between your Honda CR-V and the vehicle ahead, and automatically adjusts your cruising speed to maintain a safe gap.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: When an unavoidable frontal collision is sensed, braking force will be automatically applied to either prevent a crash or lessen its impact.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: Gauges your position on the road by reading common markers, then provides corrective steering pressure if you should begin to leave it.
The 2017 Honda CR-V Provides Unrivaled Peace of Mind
Honda clearly understands that part of the reason families continue to put their trust in the CR-V is its reputation for safety, so they have remained committed to delivering protection features with the latest model. If you’d like to find out more or arrange a test drive, contact the team at Silko Honda today.
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov). Model tested with standard side airbags (SAB).
**The 2016 Accord Sedan with Honda Sensing™, the 2016 Accord Coupe with Honda Sensing™, the 2016 Civic Sedan Touring, the 2016 Civic Coupe Touring, the 2016 Pilot with Honda Sensing™, and the 2016 CR-V Touring have been awarded the coveted 2016 TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in recognition of their superior crash safety performance.