Lifetime Warranty Used Vehicles
Lifetime Warranty for Pre-Owned Vehicles
The following is a representation of the text of the Lifetime Warranty for pre-owned vehicles from 508-880-5500. It is not an actual contract, and is subject to change.
PRE-OWNED LIFETIME LIMITED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY
Provided Exclusively by 508-880-5500
1580 New State Highway Raynham, MA 02767
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY: Qualified vehicles with an odometer reading of 85,000 miles or less and current model year up to eight prior model years (2017-2010).
MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS – In order to keep your Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty valid, you must follow the maintenance procedures listed below.
- You are responsible for making sure the oil warning light gauge and the temperature warning light gauge are functioning before driving the vehicle.
- Your vehicle must receive all scheduled maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer’s Owners Manual.
- You must keep copies of all maintenance and repair orders. Copies must indicate; customer name, repair order number, repair order date, Vehicle Identification Number, a description of your vehicle, repair order mileage, and a complete description of services performed.
- We may require you to furnish us with proof that the specified services have been performed. Failure to show proof that all scheduled maintenance and repairs have been performed may void coverage under this Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty.
COMMERCIAL USAGE – Customer acknowledges that this vehicle will not be used for competitive driving or racing, police or emergency service, principally off-road use, snow removal, carriage of passengers for hire, commercial delivery/service/repair, rental purposes, towing a trailer or another vehicle unless your vehicle is equipped for this as recommended by the manufacturer.
COVERED COMPONENTS – Customer acknowledges that the components covered will be the exact same as the Factory “Powertrain” Warranty. (See following Details of Coverage’s and Non Coverage’s of Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty).
TRANSFERABILITY – Customer acknowledges that this Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty is Non-Transferable and expires the day he/she sells trades or transfers the above vehicle.
NOT A SERVICE CONTRACT OR INSURANCE – Customer acknowledges that this Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty is being provided at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE and is not a Service Contract and is not insurance.
DETAILS AND COVERAGES OF WARRANTY
Engine: Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, intake manifold, timing gears and gaskets, timing chain/belt and cover, flywheel, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump, engine mounts, turbocharger housing and all internal parts, supercharger housing and all internal parts, engine control computer, water pump, fuel pump, seals and gaskets.
Transmission & Transaxle: Case and all internal parts, torque converter, clutch cover, transmission mounts, transfer case and all internal parts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets.
Front Wheel Drive System: Final drive housing and all internal parts, axle shafts, drive shaft, constant velocity joints, front hub and bearings, seals and gaskets.
Rear Wheel Drive System: Axle housing & all internal parts, propeller shaft, u-joints, axle shaft, drive shaft, bearings, supports, seals and gaskets.
Deductible: $100 is the amount you must pay for covered repairs per covered component. If your cost is a warranty deductible charge imposed by the vehicle manufacturer, this Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty will pay for the manufacturer’s deductible.
Where You Are Covered: This Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty applies to breakdowns occurring within the continental United States of America, Hawaii and Canada.
NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY: This warranty does not cover damage or failures resulting directly or indirectly from fire, accidents, theft, abuse, negligence, misuse (racing or overloading), improper repairs, alteration or tampering, including installation of non-manufacturer approved accessories, lack of proper maintenance, including use of fluids other than those specified in the Owner’s Manual, installation of non-manufacturer approved parts, airborne chemicals, tree sap, road debris (including stone chips), rail dust, salt, hail, floods, wind storms, water contamination, lightning and other environmental conditions. It also does not cover:
Tires: Tires are covered by a separate warranty provided by the tire manufacturer. Normal Wear And Tear: Noise, vibration, cosmetic conditions and other deterioration caused by normal wear and tear.
Maintenance Expense: Normal maintenance services such as engine tune-ups, replacement of fluid and filters, lubrication, cleaning and polishing, replacement of spark plugs and fuses, replacement of worn wiper blades, brake pads/linings & clutch linings.
Vehicle With Altered Odometer: A vehicle on which the odometer has been altered so that actual mileage cannot be determined.
Salvage Or Total Loss Of Vehicle: Any vehicle that has ever been issued a “salvage” title or similar title under any state law or has ever been declared a “total loss” or equivalent by a financial institution or insurer, such as by payment for a claim in lieu of repairs because the cost or repairs exceeded the cash value of the vehicle.
Incidental Damages: Incidental or consequential damages associated with a vehicle failure. Such damages include but are not limited to inconvenience, the cost of transportation, telephone calls and lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, and the loss of pay or revenue.
OTHER IMPORTANT PROVISIONS
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IF YOU HAVE A BREAKDOWN
If you experience a breakdown you agree to:
- Use all reasonable means to protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Although you are not required, we recommend you return your vehicle to Silko Honda. While traveling away from home, please contact Warranty Automotive Services Corporation at (866) 840-8119 for assistance in locating a repair facility.
- Authorize the repair facility to perform necessary diagnostic work and provide “teardown authorization” so that the repair facility can provide an accurate diagnosis and estimate of repairs.
IMPORTANT: LIMITED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY COVERAGE DOES NOT PAY FOR DIAGNOSIS CHARGES FOR REPAIRS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED POWERTRAIN WARRANTY.
- Furnish the Administrator with such information as they may reasonably require, including proof of your vehicle’s regular maintenance during the Limited Powertrain Warranty Period as recommended by the manufacturer in the Owners Manual.
- Safely pull your vehicle off the road and shut down the engine immediately when the oil warning light gauge or the temperature warning light / gauge indicates a problem.
- Allow the Administrator to examine your vehicle if asked to do so.
- All repairs being authorized by the Administrator prior to beginning any repairs covered by this Limited Powertrain Warranty.
- Call the following business day to receive claim filing instructions should a breakdown occur on a weekend or holiday. Customer service hours are 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday.
Who Is Paid – During the Limited Powertrain Warranty Period, we will reimburse Silko Honda or a licensed repairer or at our option reimburse you the cost of the authorized repair.
Replacement Parts – At our discretion, replacement parts used in covered repairs may include non-original equipment manufacturer parts, new remanufactured or used parts that meet the quality standards of the repairer or us.
Limit of Liability – Our limit of liability is the aggregate of paid repair cost to repair or replace any covered breakdown; but in no event shall this cost exceed the average retail value of your vehicle as determined by the NADA Official Used Car Guide at the time of loss.
Limitations of Implied Warranty – All Implied Warranties which may arise under state law, including all Implied Warranties of Merchantability or Fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this Warranty and do not cover incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an Implied Warranty lasts or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
If You Have Other Coverage – If the manufacturer, service contract provider or repairer agrees to cover all or some of the cost of a breakdown before or after a warranty or guarantee has expired, we will pay only for any extra cost, subject to the limits of this Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty.
Your Help and Cooperation – Your help and cooperation is required if we ask. You agree to help us enforce your rights against any manufacturer or repairer who may be responsible to you for the cost of repairs covered by this Limited Powertrain Warranty.
Subrogation – If we pay for a loss, we may require you to assign us your rights of recovery against others. We will not pay for a loss if you impair these rights to recover. Your rights to recover from others may not be waived.
Arbitration – In the event of a disagreement involving this Limited Powertrain Warranty, either party may make a written demand for arbitration. This must be done within 60 days after the day you filed your claim. Each of us will select an arbitrator. The two arbitrators will select an umpire. Each of us will pay the expenses of the arbitrator we select. The expenses of the umpire will be shared equally. Unless both of us agree otherwise, arbitration will take place in the county and state in which you purchased your vehicle.Local rules apply. A majority decision will be binding.
View New Vehicle InventoryView Used Vehicle Inventory